The Economic Development Corporation’s Business Expansion, Attraction, and Retention (BEAR) Action Network program is designed to enhance the stability and growth of Fresno County’s existing companies by connecting them with specific resources, information, and services offered through the Network. Our primary objectives are to assist businesses with expansions, survive economic difficulties, and make them more competitive in the wider marketplace. Company CEOs and Branch Managers have been very appreciative of this proactive and valuable resource and are quickly taking advantage of it.
The BEAR Action Network was the California Association for Local Economic Development’s 2009 grand prize winner in the category of Economic Development Partnerships.
We are a collaborative partnership program featuring a world-class business support matrix that has enhanced the stability and growth of existing businesses, resulting in increased job creation, more capital investment and has helped elevate the local tax base by connecting local businesses in Fresno County with public and private business resources.
The majority of our efforts goes towards Fresno County’s local economic base, which makes up 80% of all net employment.
- Site Selection Assistance
- Workforce Development, Screening, and Employee Recruitment Services
- Financing and Microloan Programs
- Customized Training Program Development
- Internship Program Information and Referrals
- Performance Enhancement/Skill Building/Skill Attainment Training Programs
- Building Contracting
- Strategic/Marketing/Formal Succession Planning
- Lucrative Business Tax Incentive Information: Enterprise Zone, Empowerment Zone, MRZ, HUB Zone, and Foreign Trade Zone
- Utilities – Incentives, Rebates, Special Programs, and Energy Rate Analysis Assistance
- Assistance with City Permits, Zoning, and Licensing; other Municipal Services
- Structure Deterioration & Blight Aversion and Improvement of Existing Infrastructure
- Research and Development Assistance
- CPA Services
Contact our Business Expansion and Retention team manager for more information!